NASPS Student Subunit
Additional Student Benefits
NASPS Student Subunit members will receive the same benefits as regular members with additional student benefits. These include:
1) opportunities to develop your Curriculum Vitae,
2) professional forum to present and view research,
3) option to participate in student-mentor and student social events,
4) unparalleled networking opportunities,
5) eligibility for NASPS In-memoriam Student Research Award and NASPS Student-Mentor Collaboration Award,
6) reduced membership fee,
7) and free access to sturgeon papers in the Journal of Applied Ichthyology.
The NASPS will be awarding one award in 2022. Students may submit a proposal for either the NASPS Student Mentor Collaboration Award or the NASPS In Memoriam Student Research Award. The strongest proposal will be selected.
The Student Mentor Collaboration Award has a value up to $2,500 USD. The In Memoriam Student Research award has been created to honor the memory of colleagues who made significant contributions to the management, research, and conservation of sturgeon and paddlefish in North America. This award covers up to $2,500 USD of supply, equipment, or field travel expenses for a graduate student conducting sturgeon or paddlefish research.
Application materials for either award are due June 30, 2022.
Student Mentor Collaboration Award
In Memoriam Student Research Award